||[Dec. 14th, 2006|02:09 am]
So I just spent all evening writing a huge long summary of what we're planning to do for this grant proposal, which I then condensed down to a little over a page as the first pass at the abstract of the proposal, and when I went back and re-read it, I think it actually didn't suck. So yay, I think. Let's hope the other people involved also think it doesn't suck; their turn to edit now. [We want money to model people's hurricane evacuation decisions, BTW.]
I also did a bunch of estimating of what, exactly, I was planning to do for my contribution to it all and how much time it is likely to take. I used the best-worst-most likely estimation thingy, and I think I have a number that's not totally fake. And I remembered to include a temporal overhead factor in my estimate, so maybe it's actually even vaguely in the right ballpark.
Big grant proposal. Eek. Here's hoping it won't suck too much...