I actually drove down to the lender's office this morning to talk to the office manager and find out more about what's going on, and there's a whole tale there, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, because I'm tired.
The upshot is, things are in motion and on track, and since the amount of stress I feel about it all is pretty much directly proportional to the degree of uncertainty, understanding the situation makes it massively more bearable. We should close sometime early next week.
It's still annoying, but, well, eit.
Also, traffic between Broomfield and Greenwood Village is surprisingly light at 8 am.